Tripod has always acknowledged that environmental protection is “social responsibility and corporate care.” Since establishing its plants, Tripod has invested large amounts of manpower and funds to expand and protect its pollution prevention equipment (in content link) and entrusted environmental engineers and professional engineering firms to carry out overall planning and construction on various pollution prevention projects. Not only has it met the standards set by the government, but it also actively wought to effectively improve environmental protection and pollution prevention measures to improve the working environment at various plants, enabling employees to work in a safe and clean environment.
In hopes of enhancing pollution prevention measures (in content link over), the Company has deployed new automated equipment and continues to expand relevant pollution prevention equipment and necessary prevention measures while truly implementing the requirements of ISO 14001 to effectively control environmental standards. Through overall systematic improvement and coordination, not only have the goal of reducing waste and lowering processing costs been effectively achieved, but resources are also used more effectively.
In order to comply with energy regulations and meet customers’ requirements as well as to adhere to sustainable business that continues to improve energy performance, Tripod is committed to providing relevant resources to achieve the following:
- Comply with national energy regulations, other requirements stipulated by the Company with regards to energy use, consumption, and efficiency as well as the requirements of relevant international energy issues.
- Listen to the voices of customers, neighbors, other stakeholders, and the entire staff to meet customers’ needs and respect employees’ opinions so as to create a harmonious supply chain and good neighborliness.
- Introduce the idea of energy conservation in planning and design, continue to carry out the procurement of effective energy-saving products and services, and actively develop PCBs with reduced energy performance, thereby striving to become a green enterprise that engages in sustainable development.
- Establish employee participation and encourage innovation models to foster the spirit of upstream management.
- Promote energy conservation programs and set energy goals and targets, and ensure they are achieved by regular tracking and reviews.
Tripod’s main source of energy consumption currently is purchased electricity for company operations, followed by diesel and gasoline and other energy sources. The Company continues to pay attention to energy conservation and consumption reduction, production cost reduction, and implements energy management such as performing aperiodic inspections of electric energy consumption in plants, setting reasonable plans to turn on equipment, performing energy efficiency assessment when purchasing equipment, and carrying out energy-saving projects, etc., to reduce energy consumption, with the total electricity consumption in 2018 being 114,122 MWh
2018 Statistic of Electric Energy Consumption
|Item/Area||Pingjhen Plant||Wuxi Plant||Hubei Plant|
|Electric Energy Consumption (kWh/year)||65,206,400||862,175,971||213,840,000|
|Revenue (NT$ million)||52,106|
|Electricity Energy Consumption Per Unit (kWh/NT$)||0.022|
2018 Implementation and Results of Energy Saving
|Pingjhen Plant||Saved 9MWh of electricity and reduced carbon dioxide emissions by 49 metric tons throughout the year||Heat recovery
Technological change of air-con for energy saving
Equipment modification for energy conservation
Increasing iced water temperature in ice machine by 1°F
Saved 184.344 MWh of electricity and 1,491T of steam throughout the year
Saved 617.34 MWh of electricity and 1,033.85 million M3 of natural gas throughout the year
Occupational Safety and Health Management Certification
Information Security System Certification
|System||Category of System||Date of Certification||Link||Plant|
|Information Security System||ISO 27001:2013||2017-10-20||Wuxi|